ssl accelerator

lovewadhwa nginx-forum at
Wed Apr 29 18:08:49 MSD 2009

I m using nginx to configure ssl accelerator.Have specified the following in my configuration file to accomplish the same:

server {
        listen       443;
        ssl on;
        ssl_certificate server.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key server.key;
        location / {
            proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
            proxy_set_header X-FORWARDED_PROTO https;
            proxy_redirect false;
            if (!-f $request_filename) {
            root   html;
            index  index.html index.htm;

Setting the above things in my configuration file, i have my request say being translated to on port 8000, but the page returned is over http instead of that being https. Please help.