Michael Shadle mike503 at
Thu Apr 30 05:07:53 MSD 2009

basically this:

just adds an extra macro/function in there to do an nginx -t
$conffile, and adds it in appropriate places (reload, restart, start,
now upgrade as well)

also we had to add in a sleep inside of restart

restart() {
    configtest || return $?
    sleep 3

however, i suppose depending on the signal that "stop" sends it could
be done a lot quicker (restart should force stop, which is the -QUIT i
believe?) we had issues where it seemed like sockets weren't cleaned
up fast enough or something.