Caching questions

shaktale nginx-forum at
Mon Aug 3 22:23:21 MSD 2009

Hi all.

I will try to start playing with cache, but is hard to find a complete documentation (yes, I know, is a new feature).

If I have a classic fastcgi with try_files like this :

location / {
     try_files $uri /index.php?$args;

  # PHP
  location ~ ^(.+\.php.*)$ {
    fastcgi_split_path_info         ^(.+\.php)(.*)$;

    include /usr/local/nginx/conf/fastcgi_params;
    fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO        $fastcgi_path_info;
    fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_NAME  $fastcgi_script_name;

The url* is handled by index.php, but really is a simple static page.

Is there any manner to caching only these URLs ?

Thanks in advance.