Permanent redirection with regex after moving blog

miles nginx-forum at
Thu Aug 13 00:42:33 MSD 2009

I have moved my blog from /weblog to /blog. How can I redirect
all requests for /weblog and its files to /blog?

I have tried:

location /weblog/ { rewrite ^ /blog/ permanent; }

but that pushes all /weblog/ requests to the /blog/ index page,
including /weblog/foo, /weblog/bar.html, etc.

I have tried a number of regex expressions, but so far none
has worked as expected. Could someone please help shed
some light on this?