example of upload_module for PHP fastcgi

Oon Arfiandwi oo.if.id at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 18:34:12 MSD 2009

Hi All,
I'm new on nginx.

I try to create upload application using PHP.
I already configure ubuntu + nginx + php-fcgi + nginx_upload_module-2.0.9.

is there any URL for nginx configuration sample of upload application
(in detail)?

I found example.php on
but I don't know how to configure the nginx, so the example can
successfully run.

I try nginx.conf from the same URL, but I didn't understand about this:
# Pass altered request body to a backend
location /test {
    proxy_pass   http://localhost:8080;

what is a backend?
should I pass to the port of php-fcgi (localhost:9000)?
when i try to pass to php-fcgi I got this error:
[error] 11706#0: *1 recv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer)
while reading response header from upstream, client: a.b.c.d, server:
domain.name, request: "POST /upload HTTP/1.1", upstream:

where should I put my program to detect the file, the upload storage, and so on?

thank you for your help.