Steve steeeeeveee at
Sat Aug 29 00:24:08 MSD 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:39:20 -0700
> Von: Michael Shadle <mike503 at>
> An: nginx at
> Betreff: Re: nginx-0.8.11

> 2009/8/28 Igor Sysoev <is at>:
> > No, now "gzip_disable msie6" disables MSIE4/5 and 6 before SV1.
> > Early it disables any MSIE4/5/6.
> Gotcha!
> > It depends. On Linux AIO can be used with DIRECTIO only, which disables
> > caching on VM. On FreeBSD I plan to add support for sendfile()s
> > flag. This allows to use sendfile() and AIO preload for sendfile().
> I think when they did benchmarks for Lighttpd, AIO was the fastest
> solution. Is there any benefit to caching in VM? Files requested a lot
> or small files?
> > By default directio_alignment is 512, however, on XFS you may need to
> > set "directio_alignment 4k" or even more depending on FS block size.
> Is there an easy way to check blocksize? I use XFS typically.
Assume the device is /dev/sda1 then you could call just this one line to get the block size:
xfs_db -c "sb 0" -c "p" /dev/sda1 | grep "^blocksize"

Or this:
echo -ne "sb 0\np\n" | xfs_db /dev/sda1 | grep "^blocksize"

Or go interactive and call:
# xfs_db /dev/sda1
xfs_db> sb 0
xfs_db> p
xfs_db> quit

> Also, since this is DIRECTIO, this is not really a good idea over NFS
> right? I think I saw in the Linux kernel that DIO support in NFS was
> experimental etc. but I'm not sure I'll get much benefit out of it...

Jetzt freischalten unter