mogilefs module 1.0.2

gogobu nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sun Aug 30 19:15:47 MSD 2009

Valery Kholodkov Wrote:
> gogobu wrote:
> > I've noticed the following config settings in
> the document:
> >
> > proxy_hide_header Content-Type;
>
> This you need in case if storage node does not
> specify correct content
> type (and it usually does not). The content type
> will be then resolved
> via request URI extension.
>
> > proxy_buffering off;
>
> This prevents nginx from accumulating response in
> memory or writing ont
> disk, thus saving resources which were already
> used on storage node.
>
> > Is there any particular reason for this
> setting?
> >
> > Just an idea, is it possible to enable
> proxy_buffering and use proxy_cache to cache the
> tracker URLs?
>
> It is possible to enable proxy_buffering and I
> don't know what impact on
> performance it will have. And it is not possible
> to cache the URLs
> returned by the tracker, but might be possible to
> cache the returned
> entity itself.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Valery Kholodkov

Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Caching the entity itself is probably too heavy... it would be better if you could implement the cache feature for the URLs so the trackers would be less stressed.

Thanks and please keep up the good work!
Michael

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,4462,5349#msg-5349