Weird 0.8.11.1 connections spike

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Mon Aug 31 11:55:44 MSD 2009

<quote who="Igor Sysoev">

> > Anything else you want me to poke at?
>
> As I understand "/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js" is static
> while ""/index.php?q=/blog/2006/03/15/requiem-for-linux-journal/" is
> fastcgi handled request ?

That's right.

> Could you post a configuration part related to these request ?

set  $wordpress_root  /srv/wordpress/root;

location / {
  try_files  $uri $uri/  @wordroot;
}

location @wordroot {
  internal;
  root  $wordpress_root;
  index  index.php;
  try_files  $uri $uri/  /index.php?q=$request_uri;
  expires  5y;
}

location ~ \.php$ {
  include  fastcgi_params;
  fastcgi_pass  fcgi_php;
  fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $wordpress_root$fastcgi_script_name;
}

(fcgi_php is an upstream block which points to a single unix socket for the
php5-cgi process.)

Thanks,

- Jeff

--