error_page and 401 code

Nuno Magalhães nunomagalhaes at
Wed Dec 2 13:51:26 MSK 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 13:08, d2 <nginx-forum at> wrote:
> Can anyone explain, why  401 code can not be used with full webserver's address? (as far as I can see, this is the only error code which cause troubles).

I can't, but why would you do that? If you were to change the domain
(or use that configuration for another site), you'd ahve to change
that error page, whereas if you keep it relative, you keep it simple -
so long as you also use root /path/to/htdocs in your locations.

Just my 2¢

()  ascii-rubanda kampajno - kontraŭ html-a retpoŝto
/\  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail