Expires directive and try_files rewrites not working

Per Hansson nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Dec 2 22:55:00 MSK 2009

Hi Dounin, thanks for the link
I have actually read it more than once before but it helps when someone puts it in context for you!

So in other words my first location;
location ~* \.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|ico|js)$ {
  expires 7d;
}

It will serve all files with that file extension and then no other matches or locations will be used, I've got that right?
In that case I guess we will have a little difficulty implementing the expires directive for our site
Is there some other way we could implement it and still do the rewrites?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,27479,27505#msg-27505