Improving documentation of error_log (Was: Bad requests with 0-byte response)

Anton Yuzhaninov citrin at
Thu Dec 3 17:02:12 MSK 2009

Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
> 2009/12/2 Anton Yuzhaninov <citrin at>:
>> Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>>> What about moving the error_log directive documentation to the log
>>> module along with access_log?
>> error_log implemented in core module, not in ngx_http_log_module
> And is it required that the documentation structure reflects the code?
>  Currently error_log is not properly documented, we need to fix that.
> I notice that error_log works similar to access_log, so it makes sense
> to group them in the documentation, don't you think?

If structure of directive documentation will be different from structure of
original docs
It will be more hard to merge new docs from to wiki

Better will be to add link
in References section of page

 Anton Yuzhaninov