Nginx securiy problem

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Fri Dec 4 02:03:48 MSK 2009

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:37:17 -0800
> Von: Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com>
> An: "nginx at nginx.org" <nginx at nginx.org>
> CC: "nginx at sysoev.ru" <nginx at sysoev.ru>
> Betreff: Re: Nginx securiy problem

> Using apache for anything if you don't need to if nginx will do it for
> you is a waste of resources and complicates your setup.
>
> I only use apache for mod_dav_svn, and cgi. Of which I am trying to
> minimize that impact by getting mailman ported to php :)

What? Because of mailman you run Apache? Well... I do run mailman 2.1.12 here on top of nginx 0.8.29 without any issues. No Apache involved in any way. I don't see any reason to use Apache for mailman.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Dec 3, 2009, at 11:55 AM, "egerci" <nginx-forum at nginx.us> wrote:
>
> > I use vbulletin.
> > You are right, may be one of the addon of vbulletin has a security
> > hole etc.
> >
> > Now, I have installed nginx again and I use apache for dynamic
> > pages. and wait a lot..
> >
> > Thanks very much your responses.
> >
> > Posted at Nginx Forum:
> http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,27636,27808#msg-27808

Sarah Kreuz, die DSDS-Siegerin der Herzen, mit ihrem eindrucksvollen
Debütalbum "One Moment in Time". http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/musik