Fast CGI (spawn-fcgi / php-cgi) crashes/dies/hangs

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at
Tue Dec 8 14:55:58 MSK 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 03:52:24AM -0800, Michael Shadle wrote:
> roger that. just wondering why they're crashing under spawn-fcgi to begin with.

Running php-fcgi with -b option is AFAIK completely equivalent to
running it via spawn-fcgi. spawn-fcgi really has nothing to do with PHP

> and also ... we all know php-fpm is a process manager too. two birds
> with the same stone! ;)

Yup, but the OP doesn't want to recompile PHP, so sue him ;)

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek