Ryan Malayter malayter at
Fri Dec 18 17:31:30 MSK 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:20 AM, Yuval Hager <yhager at> wrote:
> I am using nginx to serve a dynamic (PHP) site, that saves generated pages
> statically for fast serving for anonymous users (Drupal + Boost module).
> If it is possible to implement it with the existing nginx, I have yet to
> find how - if not, well, then this is my feature request :)

Wouldn't it be better to just explicitly set Cache-Control headers for
anonymous calls to the dynamic pages, and then let nginx proxy_cache
handle serviing the static pages to anonymous users? That's the way
Wikipedia does it (with Squid and Apache, not nginx).

Using proxy_cache, you get the same or better performance, and you're
not generating and handling static versions of files that nobody is
looking for...