Strange behavior with custom module and http proxy

Piotr Sikora piotr.sikora at frickle.com
Mon Dec 21 21:48:15 MSK 2009

> It's almost as if nginx
> is doing a wait() for the child before closing the request, although I
> know the child has been reaped earlier and the grandchild is now a
> child of init.

It is indeed calling waitpid() after receiving SIGCHLD, but this shouldn't
be a problem. Could you check if this happens also with single-fork()
(without spawning grandchild)?

> Like I said, I only noticed the behavior when using http proxy
> caching, so the problem has existed for me all along without my being
> aware of it.

If you don't want to share your module, could you make module with minimal
functionality which reproduces this behavior?

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora < piotr.sikora at frickle.com >