Memcached/JSONP

dylanz nginx-forum at nginx.us
Wed Dec 23 00:01:07 MSK 2009

Hey agentzh!

I noticed that "echo" isn't outputting on non-async events, for example:

echo "before";
set $memcached_key $uri;
memcached_pass 127.0.0.1:11211;
echo "after";

That results in the contents of the memcached_pass, but doesn't include the echo output.
I tried throwing in some echo_flush commands to see if that would help, but it didn't.
However, it does work if I use the after/before echo commands, for example:

echo_before_body "before";
set $memcached_key $uri;
memcached_pass 127.0.0.1:11211;
echo_after_body "after";

I added the -n flag option to echo.c, and it works when I'm not doing doing that proxy pass,
for example, this:

echo -n "hello"
echo -n "there"
echo "world"

... produces "hello there world", all on one line.

Is that known behaviour?  If so, I'll work around it.  Otherwise, if it's not, let me know and
I can see what I can do about fixing it :)

Thanks!
==
Dylan

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,31961,32864#msg-32864