NginxHttpMemcModule vie NginxHttpMemcachedModule

agentzh agentzh at
Tue Dec 29 04:55:02 MSK 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Danny Trinh
<dtrinh at> wrote:
> Hello group,
> I saw there are 2 modules for using with memcached. I wonder that can I
> recompile nginx with both of them?

Yes :)

> Can you share simple nginx.conf but complete that works with either
> module, please?

There's lots of sample configurations for ngx_memc on the wiki:

and some for ngx_memcached as well:

BTW, none of them can be serve as a transparent content cache out of
the box. I can think of a ngx_cache module just like Apache2's
mod_cache (with various storage backends like mod_disk_cache,
mod_mem_cache, and mod_libmemcached_cache in that context). Is anyone
already working on that?