Changing case of URLs

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Wed Dec 30 00:32:49 MSK 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Dennis J. <dennisml at conversis.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does nginx have a function/map like Apache's "int:tolower" that can be used
> to rewrite something like "/SuperUser/file.txt" to "/superuser/file.txt"?
>
> Regards,
>  Dennis

The only thing currently, I think, is a compile time option that can
force it to be case insensitive, but that probably isn't quite what
you want either.  Not really sure why you want this in the first
place.  It is not generally considered for two resources to refer to
the same resource by different case unless the underlying filesystem
does as well.  For example, go to http://google.com/SEARCH?q=nginx vs
http://google.com/search?q=nginx

-- Merlin