proxy_redirect problems

Sean Allen sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com
Wed Dec 30 01:25:53 MSK 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 4:37 PM, merlin corey <merlincorey at dc949.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Sean Allen <sean at monkeysnatchbanana.com> wrote:
>> This might be simple and related to the fact that I have been working
>> way too many hours in the last 4 weeks.
>> If it is, please forgive.
>>
>> We have:
>>
>> rewrite ^/$ /admin;
>
> You don't need this rewrite and what it does is cause the behavior
> that you say you don't want :P.
>
> Try this seaside location instead:
> location @seaside {
>  proxy_pass http://gemstone/admin;
> }
>
> You might then need to play with proxy_redirect values and/or try with
> trailing slash.

i then get this error:

Restarting nginx: [emerg]: "proxy_pass" may not have URI part in
location given by regular expression, or inside named location, or
inside the "if" statement, or inside the "limit_except" block in
/ah/sites/ops/conf/nginx.conf:38

config is this:

    location /
    {
        index index.html index.htm;
        try_files $uri $uri/ @seaside;
        error_page 403 = @seaside;
    }

    location @seaside
    {
        proxy_pass http://gemstone/admin;
    }

apparently adding admin there isnt an option.