nginx with broken library zlib1g-dev for SSL on Debian 40r6

Merlin merlin at mahalo.com
Mon Feb 2 22:41:54 MSK 2009

It's not debian error, it's user error, if only because debian is picky
sometimes.

debian-web01:~# apt-cache search zlib1g
libcoin40c2 - high-level 3D graphics kit with Open Inventor and VRML97
support - runtime
zlib1g - compression library - runtime
zlib1g-dbg - compression library - development
zlib1g-dev - compression library - development

All that should have to be done is "aptitude install zlib1g-dev".  If that
doesn't work there is something else wrong.