accesslog into sql

Olivier Bonvalet nginx.list at daevel.fr
Thu Feb 5 01:03:46 MSK 2009

You can log throught syslog :
http://snippets.aktagon.com/snippets/247-Logging-nginx-to-remote-loghost-with-syslog-ng-
And since rsyslog (or syslog-ng) can store logs in DB, you will have
your logs where you want.

I suppose nginx and/or rsyslog will do buffering, so there will not be
much overhead.

Note about MySQL : on an "old" P4-Xeon in production connection time
from a PHP mysql_connect() is about 2ms, throught a 10Mbit/s network.
But the logger will stay connected to the DB...