Mail module: auth cram-md5 does not work

Miguel Beccari miguel.beccari at clikka.com
Fri Feb 6 11:02:44 MSK 2009

> Unrelated note: nginx as of now doesn't support smtp pipelining.  You are

> searching from troubles by advertising it.

Thanks you very much for this notes. I am still testing nginx... Where can

I find complete documentation about features?

> With CRAM-MD5 no password is transferred from client to server.

> In your auth script you should use Auth-Salt header and user's

> plaintext password to check if hash sent by client (in Auth-Pass header)

> is correct.

And thank you very much for this tip. Where can I find complete

documentation about this feature?

I read mail modules documentation and I did not find anything about

Auth-Salt header.

An axample schema of auth script with CRAM-MD5 will be appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Miguel Beccari