Do you put all your virtual host info in nginx.conf?

Cliff Wells cliff at develix.com
Wed Feb 18 11:08:34 MSK 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 15:56 +0800, Max wrote:
>  I just wonder it will be more difficult if I want to change things
> for multiple sites (multiple virtual conf files).  For example, if I
> want to change ip from 111.111.111.111 to 222.222.222.222, I just open
> the nginx.conf and so a search and replace, it will be replaced them
> all at once. If it's in multiple virtual file, I need to open those
> doamins which are using 111.111.111.111 and chagne them manually.

Use the "map" directive to map domain names to IP addresses.  That is
stored in its own file, mappings.conf.  Then each domain gets its own
conf file that is included.

http://wiki.codemongers.com/NginxHttpMapModule

This way, to change an IP address, you only need to edit the
mappings.conf file.

Cliff