[Fwd: [lighttpd-announce] spawn-fcgi-1.6.0rc1-r16 prerelease]

Phillip B Oldham phill at theactivitypeople.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 12:40:53 MSK 2009

YMMV, but I had a *lot* of trouble using spawn-fcgi + php. Processes
would stop responding to requests after a while for no reason. Turns out
PHP has a hard limit on the number of requests it can take before
re-spawning a child and spawn-fcgi didn't honor that limit, passing
requests to quitting children.

I posted this information to the list and forums but was ignored, which
expidited the move to nginx. I'm now running php-cgi with the -b switch
on a number of production servers without issue (php-fpm wouldn't
compile for me at the time).

--

*Phillip B Oldham*
The Activity People

*Policies*

recipient(s) only and may be confidential. If they have come to you in
error, please reply to this e-mail and highlight the error. No action
should be taken regarding content, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.

This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is
not a 100% secure communications medium, and we have taken steps to
ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. We must
advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should
ensure they are completely virus free, and that you understand and
observe the lack of security when e-mailing us.