Cannot change default root path

Yaax Yaax lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Feb 26 00:21:18 MSK 2009

I am new user of nginx, I installed it as replace of apache on cpanel
server for one very busy site.
I installed it to default folder /usr/local/nginx and setup it working
with php fastcgi spawn, but it only works from nginx default root i.e.
only from /usr/local/nginx/html

I need its root to be changed for different vhosts paths like
/home/user/public_html but look like all my commands like root
/home/user/public_html; are some why ignored by nginx and it is always
trying to run files from /usr/local/nginx/html

I checked in error log - and there are no errors displayed - only in
access log I see message that file not found 404 error.

Can anyone help me with this basic setup?