FCGI.pm ?

Grzegorz Nosek grzegorz.nosek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:03:27 MSK 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 03:11:24AM -0800, Chris Cortese wrote:
> Thanks.  That got me a little closer.
>
> Now, I have built fcgiwrap but I don't know how to use it.  From the
> http://nginx.localdomain.pl/wiki/FcgiWrap page, can anyone elaborate on
> what the following means?
>
> You can then start fcgiwrap (possibly in several instances) using
> spawn-fcgi or a similar tool (you must pass an open socket as fd 0; my
> Spawner? will be very nice for this once I actually make it usable and
> publish it) and send requests to it using fastcgi_pass. That's it.

Yup. Providing the socket for fcgiwrap to listen on is your problem
(fcgiwrap doesn't care whether it is a tcp socket or a unix domain one
etc.). The simplest way to run a single fcgiwrap is to use spawn-fcgi,
like this:

spawn-fcgi -f /usr/local/bin/fcgiwrap -a 127.0.0.1 -p 8001

or

spawn-fcgi -f /usr/local/bin/fcgiwrap -S /tmp/cgi.sock

If you want to run multiple instances, give the Perl launcher from my
website a try.

Best regards,
 Grzegorz Nosek