Can Nginx serve big static file?

nbubingo nbubingo at
Fri Jan 9 10:20:55 MSK 2009

I found that nginx-0.6.32 sends big static file chunked 32k every time. And you can set : "sendfile on;". That's quite useful.

发件人: Gio
发送时间: 2009-01-09  14:23:38
收件人: nginx
主题: Can Nginx serve big static file?
Dear list,

I have a server with small RAM (2GB), 2xCPU, HDD w/o RAID. I currently run Apache to serve some static files (big, 100MB -> 1GB). Apache got sick when trying to handle about 300 connections. It consumes almost of RAM (about 90%), causes server down (CPU load is very small). I have an idea to change to nginx. Have anyone use nginx to do smth similar? Can you share some exp and results?