Serving an iPhone website with nginx

Nick Pearson nick.pearson at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 02:31:33 MSK 2009

The reason I did this at the web server level rather than at the application
level is that the Rails app I have running behind nginx is a generalized
content management system.  I could have built in the capabilities necessary
to handle this into the CMS, but then I wouldn't be able to take advantage
of the web server-level caching.  The nice thing about my solution is that
it doesn't matter what is behind nginx -- it could be a simple site made up
of nothing but static files with no app at all.  It was this simplicity (and
ignorance on the part of the app) that I was going for.