limit_zone: Using other variables than $binary_remote_addr

Steffen Weber nginx at steffenweber.net
Wed Jan 14 19:30:51 MSK 2009

One further question: Can I somehow prevent that the requests denied by
limit_zone end up in my access log? Some download managers are quiet
aggressive and flood the log.

It would be okay if all requests denied with a 503 response code were
not logged. I think this should be possible by making the "access_log"
directive conditional (using an if clause). But I have not found a
suitable variable that I could use in the conditon.

Steffen