Using nginx as a frontend for apache2 serving wordpress w/ super-cache

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Sun Jan 25 12:29:22 MSK 2009

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 01:45:48AM -0800, Dieter Zinke wrote:

> I am trying to setup nginx as a frontend for apache2 to serve Wordpress with super-cache. I don' t want to use this for a production server, only to speed up my old Athlon 1100 workstation, which moves sometimes into swapping while using the wordpress admin panel. This is my workarround:
> Trying to access redirects me to, but the serving of static files by nginx doesn' t work and i get 301 errors. Trying to access redirects me to Maybe i am missing something or a typo, don' t know.

Serving static from nginx doesnt work due to the following code in
your server configuration:

	# all other requests go to Wordpress
	if (!-e $request_filename) {
	rewrite . /index.php last;

It's done at server level and tests file existence without
root specified.

Maxim Dounin