Nginx stops sending file after ~1.5mb ?

Jure Pečar pegasus at
Thu Jan 29 00:52:37 MSK 2009

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:03:43 +1100
Dave Cheney <dave at> wrote:

> Hi Yo'av,
> If you get an answer from your VPS host would you please post it too
> the list. There were others who mentioned earlier on in the thread
> that they had occasionally experienced your symptoms, your feedback
> may help them.

What I've expirienced on Parallels Virtuozzo VPSes is that if tcp send
and/or receive buffer gets full, stuf like this happens. I was able to
workaround that issue by making those buffers larger.

I never investigated the issue in detail, but looking at Igor's comment on
the tcp dump, it makes sense that a missing ack for a packet makes the
whole tcp session stall.

If we get some more hard evidence, I can bring this issue to Parallels
support and see what they say.

Jure Pečar