question about nginx, slowloris and fastcgi

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jul 1 16:30:29 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 01:59:31PM +0200, Michiel van Es wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i am new to Nginx and I am testing the latest stable Nginx as webserver
> with slowloris.
> When I test slowloris on my php enabled website I see Nginx running to
> 100% and get the following error:
>
> 500 Internal Server Error
>
> I don't think Nginx crashes (although the 100% cpu concerns me) but I
> think fastcgi/php is crashing.

What's in error_log?

Symptoms suggest that you've run out of file descriptors in your
OS.  At start nginx tries to warn you about the problem if
worker_connections are more than open file resource limit, but
even this isn't enough (since every connection usually allocates at
leas 2 file descriptors, and system-wide limit for all processes
isn't taken into account).

Maxim Dounin