Curious about old bug

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Thu Jul 2 13:14:05 MSD 2009

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 12:22:22AM +0100, Avleen Vig wrote:

> I'm reading through the changelog from 0.6.35 -> 0.7.59, and saw this:
>     Bugfix: now accept threshold depends on worker_connections
> I was wondering if anyone could tell me what that was?

Historically nginx worker stops accepting new connections for a
while if there are less than 100 connection structures available
(to make sure that already accepted connections may finish it's
work - since connection structures are used for proxy etc).

In 0.7.18 this threshold was changed from constant one to
worker_connections/8 to make sure that even workers configured
with less than 100 workers_connections can accept new connections

This shouldn't affect typical configurations (worker_connections >

Maxim Dounin