two nginx with ip_hash as a load balancer

kaktos nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Jul 2 14:12:24 MSD 2009

Hi,
I have build a new application behind our hardware load balancer, since we need the 'sticky session' feather that our LB couldn't offer.So I put two nginx as a soft LB behind the hardware LB(that round-robin to nginx). Then I found the two nginx
always hash the same client IP to different backend server. it's weird if I understood right about the ip_hash that using crc32 hashing the IP address and % the number of server nodes to get the target backend server. So why I got two different backend server? any help?

Thank you!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,3660,3660#msg-3660