moinmoin + nginx (+memcached) on debian?

Eugen Leitl eugen at
Thu Jul 2 15:11:46 MSD 2009

I've just jumped ship from lighty (lighttpd) and would like to configure
nginx + moinmoin (fcgi, I presume) and maybe memcached on a Debian
box (it's a Linux vserver, so no localhost). The nginx version from backported
is 0.4.13 which is probably ancient.

Do I need to upgrade? If I have to, does have someone to build
a recipe for building a debian package for latest nginx tarball?

Finally, has somebody a working config of nginx + moinmoin they
can share? (Extre kudos for nginx + moinmoin + memcached).

It looks like the snippet from

is not complete.

I've added a

server {
        listen   80;

        access_log  /var/log/nginx/localhost.access.log;

        location / {
                include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
                fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $fastcgi_script_name;

     if (!-f $request_filename) {

but I'm getting a 502 Bad Gateway

Any ideas?

Eugen* Leitl <a href="">leitl</a>