Can't upload files > 10Mb

Mi Mi lists at
Mon Jul 6 19:23:02 MSD 2009

Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 10:32:56AM -0700, Cliff Wells wrote:
>> On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 13:01 -0400, Tieg Zaharia wrote:
>> > Hey Cliff-- I had the same problem a few weeks ago and then realized
>> > that the "client_max_body_size" parameter wasn't in the right place.
>> > Do you have it under a location block?
>> It's in the "http" section.  I'll try adding it to the specific location
>> block.
> Is this error still in error_log ?
> What is your backend ? It may its own limit.

I have the same problem and I don't have any explicit "max" setting in
any configuration file. I'm not sure what you mean by "backend" -- but I
cast "http".

[root at myhost /usr/local/etc/nginx]# grep -ri max .
[root at myhost /usr/local/etc/nginx]# grep -ri upload .
[root at myhost /usr/local/etc/nginx]#

Although I read here
that "upload_max_file_size 50m; client_max_body_size 50m;" fix the
problem, my nginx 0.7.61 refuses to accept the former in http { }.

Also, I read from that the
default size is 1m. Is it reasonable to specify a maximum by default,
especially *this* strict?

For giving some context: I stumbled into the problem when people were
reporting that the majority, but not all ("indeterministically", as they
said) of the Document Uploads in an OpenGoo installation did not work.
Posted via