Did I got try_files wrong? and bad gateway 502

Tobias Lott tlott at gamesnet.de
Tue Jul 7 01:52:02 MSD 2009

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:29:58 -0700
Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Check the nginx error log for what the message is when you hit those
> 502's.
>
> Perhaps apache is too busy to service the request or is sending
> malformed resposne etc?
>
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 3:03 AM, Tobias Lott<tlott at gamesnet.de> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 21:39:44 -0700
> > Michael Shadle <mike503 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Is it nginx giving the 502 or apache?
> >>

> > nginx is giving the 502
> >
> > --
> > Tobias Lott

The only error log entry thats consistent with the 502 is the
following, but its not the same file, one type of file, same client:

2009/07/06 22:48:20 [crit] 86851#0: *183664 connect() to
XX.XX.XX.XX:XX failed (1: Operation not permitted) while connecting
to upstream, client: XX.XX.XX.XX, server: hostname.tld, request:
"GET /some/random/picture.jpg HTTP/1.1", upstream:
"http://XX.XX.XX.XX:XX/some/random/picture.jpg",
host: "hostname.tld", referrer: "http://hostname.tld/some/"

There is nothing in Apache error/access log at that time.

--
Tobias Lott