Trailing slash rewrite help

Kurt Hansen khansen at charityweb.net
Mon Jul 20 19:14:06 MSD 2009

Igor Sysoev wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 01:28:12AM -0400, Kurt Hansen wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm using nginx as a reverse proxy to a mod_perl backend server and am
>> having trouble with my rewrite rule in the case of a missing trailing
>> slash on a subdirectory.
>>
>> For example, I want
>>
>> www.example.com/action mapped to the example/action/ directory on the
>> mod_perl server.
>>

> Probably, you need just:
>
> location / {
>     proxy_pass http://cweb/example/;
> }
>
> Also, you need to set "Index index.htm" on mod_perl side.

Thanks, Igor, that did the trick!

Thought I was missing something simple...

Key, too, was getting the mod_perl server to specify the index.htm
rather than the nginx server. I used a rewrite rule to do that because
my apache/mod_perl with HTML::Mason setup doesn't handle the
DirectoryIndex quite right.

Take care,

Kurt