variables in "include"

Kaspars kaspars at konstruktors.com
Mon Jul 20 23:24:45 MSD 2009

Marcus, thank you very much for explaining how things are meant to work
in nginx.

> If the config files were analysed at runtime (like .htaccess files on
> Apache), that would slow things down.  Also, if the configuration file
> is wrong, what do you do?  Better to control it all at start time.
I agree, there are lot of benefits of not having any runtime file access
action going on. It would be interesting to do some testing on how this
affects the performance.

> If you need specific configurations for each server, then you can't
> really get around having a separate server{} block for each one
> (though you might be able to group them).
> One possible method: [...]
I have set it up almost exactly like you described and it works very well.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Kaspars