variables in "include"

Michael Shadle mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 02:29:36 MSD 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Kaspars<kaspars at konstruktors.com> wrote:

> I agree. My suggestion was to allow only one config file per host in a
> defined location instead of unlimited amount of config files in all possible
> locations.

that is another way to look into it. a site-wide .htaccess. however,
if multiple people are collaborating on a single site and some people
don't have access to that single site config file...

it could be done today, technically just by doing

include /home/mike/foo/mike.com/nginx.config;

the problem is that gives them a ton of control, and also if the file
is removed i think nginx will not be able to start. there is no
configuration macro to test the existence of a file and included it
conditionally.