authentication being passed to php

Thu Jul 23 14:22:19 MSD 2009

Thank you
I see that works fine for that particular user:pass combo

but (sorry to be a pain)

that means i have to encode the user:pass combination into the config file

what happens if there are thousands of user:pass combinations?

how can this info be dynamically passed to the php backend for
authentication to occur there (by looking up in a database for example)?

i cant be updating the config file everytime a new user is added that can be
crazy especially if there are thousands or more users

Regards

edit: i google and found this old email conversation on nginx mailinglist
http://markmail.org/message/tl7h2fclizgptwnr#query:NGINX%20PHP%20AUTHENTICATION+page:1+mid:f3xw2gjllat6urff+state:results