fail over

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Thu Jul 23 16:15:17 MSD 2009

Also, there are various tools for redundancy among the OS platforms in
case you want true failover and not to ever pass to backup unless main
is down.  These tools may include but not necessarily be limited to
things like CARP in BSD, heartbeat, the previously mentioned
keepalived, etc.

Apologies for double short posts, but I am on my way to bed :).