server side include, UTF-8 problem

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Jul 23 23:48:47 MSD 2009

Hello!

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 09:14:18PM +0200, Marcin Operacz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have some problems with server side including of UTF-8 files, can you
> please confirm that this is impossible to make nginx include UTF-8 text
> files (the ones that have 'ef bb bf' on the first 3 chars of the file)?
> If this is possible please give me some advice on what should I look to
> make this work.

nginx is 8-bit clean and doesn't care what you include.  It can
happily include even binary files.

I guess your problem is that something after nginx isn't happy
with utf-8 bom in the middle of the text.  Not sure if it's
allowed according to utf-8 spec, but anyway it doesn't looks like
nginx problem for me.