error_log and $host?

merlin corey merlincorey at dc949.org
Sun Jul 26 11:14:54 MSD 2009

Currently this is the way things work, yes.  If it is by specific
design, I would guess only Igor can you give you a true answer.

Generally I have seen Igor and others recommending against the use of
catch-all servers with variables everywhere, but I understand that to
some people this is the path of least resistance (though it always
seems to me they end up putting forth more effort trying to make
complicated configurations that work with all hosts).  With that in
mind, I don't know if this is high up on the list of things to get
done soon, and again Igor would know best, but you could always try
sponsoring the change if this is mission critical for you.

-- Merlin