Content negotiation?

Jeff Waugh jdub at bethesignal.org
Tue Jul 28 04:17:47 MSD 2009

<quote who="Igor Sysoev">

> nginx does not support content negotiation since I never saw working
> content negotiation setups, at least in Russia. Could you show good
> examples ?

One very simple but useful form of content negotiation is the ability to
supply files according to the preferred mime types. For instance:

  http://www.example.com/images/logo -> server provides logo.gif or logo.png
  depending on what the browser provides in the Accepts header.

Then there's conneg for all kinds of other things like languages, but this
might be a good first step for nginx.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2010: Wellington, NZ                http://www.lca2010.org.nz/

     Broken hearts rarely come with "Some Assembly Required" stickers.