Does any module support the heathy check of the backend upstreams?

Avleen Vig avleen at
Tue Jun 9 15:01:40 MSD 2009

This is something I would like very much too. But I'm not sure if
doing it inside nginx is the best place. Maybe it is. I wouldn't want
it to impact the performance of nginx though.

Eg, I currently have around 40 backend servers. If I want to check
their health every 5 seconds, that's 8 checks a second (not much).
But if I had 200 backend servers, that becomes a lot more checking
nginx has to do *every second*