round robin upstream stuck

Zhang,Tony tzhang at tudou.com
Thu Jun 11 13:42:15 MSD 2009

Hi

         I got some but not that much errer log in error.log like :
round robin upstream stuck on 1 tries while connecting to upstream, client: xxxx , server: xxxx, request: "GET xxxx”

         I tuned log level to critical, it appears every 10 , 20 or 30 mins, I am using upstream module for load balancing with about 10000+ established connection.
         Does it mean that my frontend servers are overloaded or the backend servers/VIP response is too slow?

my “frontend server” directives looks like :
proxy_connect_timeout 10s;
                proxy_send_timeout 10s;
                proxy_read_timeout 10s;
                proxy_next_upstream timeout;

         and my “upstream “ directives looks like:
upstream mini.tudou.com {
                                    xxxx;
                                    backend server xxxx:80 ;
                                    backend server xxxxx:80 ;
                           }

Thx
Jie

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged.If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error,please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.