Supporting access_log to a pipe?

wesleywu nginx-forum at
Wed Jun 17 19:53:27 MSD 2009

I need to monitor access log in a separated application, to identify frequent visits like DoS attack.

Now I'm using apache httpd. CustomLog directive of httpd (equivalent to access_log directive in Ngnix) supports write log lines to the stdin of a piped application.

Quote from

Syntax:	CustomLog file|pipe format|nickname environment-variable]
The pipe character "|", followed by the path to a program to receive the log information on its standard input.

Will Ngnix support this feature? Or is there any solution to monitor every log line of access_log?