nginx rewrite help

Kevin Castiglione kevincastiglione at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:59:55 MSD 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Edho P Arief <edhoprima at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:28 PM, Kevin
> Castiglione<kevincastiglione at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> What server did you use before nginx ?
> >
> > ive always used nginx. this is a new setup im trying to do.
> > thank you
> >

> how's the old setup looks like?

the config for the current setup is given below. i have different domains
setup with different server blocks. i want to combine them to one fastcgi
backend, and my webframe work supports only url level - sub application
processing. hence i need the url mapping.
thank you!

#user  nobody;
worker_processes  1;

error_log  /home/app/error_all.log;
pid        /home/app/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
    include       mime.types;
    default_type  application/octet-stream;
    client_header_buffer_size   8k;
    large_client_header_buffers  4  8k;
    fastcgi_buffers      32 4k;
    fastcgi_buffer_size  4k;
    sendfile        on;

    server_names_hash_bucket_size 64;
    keepalive_timeout  5;

    gzip  on;
    gzip_comp_level  1;
    gzip_proxied     private;
    gzip_buffers     8 4k;

    upstream backend_flock{
        server app1.XXX.com:8492 fail_timeout=1s;
    }
    server {
        listen 8080;
        access_log   /home/app/access_flock.log;

        client_max_body_size 10m;

        location /static {
            root   /home/app/work/flock;
        }
        location / {
            root   /home/app/work/flock;

            fastcgi_pass backend_flock;

            fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME $fastcgi_script_name;
            fastcgi_param PATH_INFO       $fastcgi_script_name;
            fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING    $query_string;
            fastcgi_param CONTENT_TYPE    $content_type;
            fastcgi_param CONTENT_LENGTH  $content_length;
            fastcgi_param REQUEST_METHOD  $request_method;
            fastcgi_param REMOTE_ADDR     $remote_addr;
            fastcgi_param REMOTE_PORT     $remote_port;
            fastcgi_param SERVER_PROTOCOL $server_protocol;
            fastcgi_param SERVER_ADDR     $server_addr;
            fastcgi_param SERVER_PORT     $server_port;
            fastcgi_param SERVER_NAME     $server_name;