nginx / apache conflict w/php-fpm

Chris Cortese cortese.consulting at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 21:51:26 MSD 2009

Sorry if this sounds like an Apache / php-fpm question but I think it's
relevant to this list and hopefully somebody here has encountered this.

I just built php 5.2.10 with the new php-fpm patch for php 5.2.10.  This
is working fine on Ubuntu Jaunty with nginx 0.8.3.

But on our new VPS, we'd like to still have the option to run Apache, at
least temporarily.

Right now, running 'apachectl configtest' gives:

httpd: Syntax error on line 107 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so into server:
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: _fpm_event_base_free

Can anyone advise?

Thanks,
Chris